Thursday, December 1, 2011

15 Years Later...


“For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”  Jeremiah 29:11
Do you believe that promise?  I want to tell you about a young man who not only believes that, but has lived it.  Just a few months ago I received the following email from Juan Manuel Muñoz. 
I found your website on the internet. I am currently a Law student in Tyler Texas. I want to say to you guys how thankful I am with you and with God for having people like you in the world. I was 5 years old when a group from Casas Por Cristo came to our community and built a house for us. My family still has all the pictures from when they came. I remember I got a bag of skittles from a lady that worked on our house. Right now, looking back to those days when we were needy and poor, I feel that God sent those people to help us. They were so kind and generous. I’m writing this e-mail with tears in my eyes. God is my witness. Thank you so much for what you guys did. God bless you. I will donate money soon so that some other family is happy just as mine was all those years ago. Again, thank you.
What an amazing testimony!  This is what happens when you come on a trip with Casas por Cristo.  This is what happens when you invest in the ministry of Casas por Cristo through your generous support and gifts.

This year has been a challenging one at Casas por Cristo.  The economy has been tough on everyone, including us, but we have refused to be ruled by the economy.  This year we have been obedient to God’s call to go into all the world as we have started operations in Guatemala.  We are excited to share this same life-changing ministry that changed Juan’s life with the people of Guatemala as well.

During this holiday season will you help us continue to bring the hope of this world Jesus Christ to other little kids like Juan?  Rest assured that your gift will help change the future for countless families living in México and Guatemala.


Humbly,
David Robertson
Executive Director



No comments:

Post a Comment