Thursday, July 2, 2015

Missionary Spotlight: Seth, Traci, & Scarlett Brooks

Missionary Spotlight
Seth, Traci, & Scarlett Brooks
Meet Seth Brooks, his wife Traci, and his beautiful baby girl, Scarlett. Seth joined staff in 2013 as the Juárez Field Coordinator. He creates maps to our work sites and follows up with families after they have received a home. He also works closely with our pastors committee in Juárez and our volunteers and interns.
Interview with Seth

1. Tell a little bit about yourself and where you're from.

  • I am from Clarkesville, Georgia, a small town in the Appalachian Mountains. I grew up being outdoors and still love being outside. After high school, I attended Truett-McConnell College where I earned a Bachelor's Degree in Theology and met my beautiful bride. After graduation in May we were married in June. One year later we came to El Paso and became a part of Casas por Cristo. We are members of Cielo Vista Church here in El Paso where we love serving. Traci and I also welcomed our first child into the world this year. Scarlett Faith was born on February 12 weighing 9lbs 2oz. She has stolen our hearts and taught us so much about God and His love for His children.
2. What made you choose to serve at Casas por Cristo?

  • Traci and I came on a Casas trip in April of 2013 with Living Water Church out of North Carolina. We came with no thoughts that this would become our lives, however, God had completely different plans. We instantly fell in love with Casas and with the work that CpC does. We loved (and still do) the way that CpC utilizes the local church and volunteers from all over.

3. How have you seen God through your ministry at Casas por Cristo?

  • I have been able to be a part of providing homes for people in all different walks of life. In the span of a couple of months I built for a man who was 107 years old and for a family whose baby was born the day we dedicated the home. I've built for people with virtually nothing and for pastors who needed a place to do ministry. Through all of this one thing has remained constant, they are all His children that He is providing for. It is a privilege that God would allow me to be a part of His work.

4. What has been your biggest challenge so far?

  • Thus far my biggest challenge has just been acclimating to life as a missionary. I just became a father, I have only been a husband for 3 years, and now I am a full time missionary. All of these are things that I love with my whole heart, so trying to strike a balance between all of my different roles can be challenging.

Prayer Requests

  • Pray for our family as we continue to try and raise support.
  • Pray that we would raise our daughter in the fear and admonition of God. 
  • Pray for our ministry here at Casas and for the work I do with our pastors and families.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment