Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Missionary Spotlight | Ryan & Leanne de la Peña & Family

Meet Ryan and Leanne de la Peña and their seven kiddos. Ryan is currently one of our Team Coordinators. He works hard to ensure our teams are organized and prepared for their trips. He joined staff back in 2003 as a resource coordinator. After a few years away, he decided to return in 2013.
Interview with Ryan

1. Tell a little bit about yourself and where you're from.

  • I was first introduced to Casas por Cristo in 2001 when I came on a trip with my home church from Colorado Springs to build a home for a family in Juárez, México. My wife and I have seven beautiful children, Aurora (11), Ethan (10), Silas (8), Eli (7), Landon (5), Elliana (3), and Israel (2). My current responsibilities include building with teams in our four locations, Juárez and Acuña, México, San Raimundo, Guatemala, Santiago, Dominican Republic, and scheduling trips as Team Coordinator. Leanne stays busy caring for our growing family and homeschooling our children. We are excited and thankful for the opportunity to use our lives to serve God in México, Guatemala, and the Dominican.
2. What made you choose to serve at Casas por Cristo?

  • After experiencing firsthand the poverty of México and seeing the need for the Gospel, I followed God's call on my life by becoming an intern. After completing 3 internships, I felt God leading me to come on staff full time in 2003.

3. How have you seen God through your ministry at Casas por Cristo?

  • I have seen God in several ways. I have seen Him through the growth and strength of the local church as a result of our Casas Teams and through the impact on the families who have received homes.

4. What has been your biggest challenge so far?

  • With a large family it has been difficult to raise enough support to sustain us. Without a strong support base it is difficult to maintain a household. Regardless, I trust God to provide for us, and my family and I will continue to serve him despite our circumstances.


Prayer Requests

  • Pray for our family as we continue to try and raise support.
  • Pray that we would raise our children in the fear and admonition of God. 
  • Pray for our ministry here at Casas and for the work I do with our teams and families.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment