Thursday, August 25, 2011

Why Do You Serve?

We wanted to know what motivates you to leave everything behind for a week and give your time, your money, and your life to pour into the lives of others.  This is what many of our followers on FaceBook had to say!  So why do you do it?  What motivates you to come and serve??


    • Renee Berg I am humbled and overwhelmed by Christ's sacrifice for me. Out of my love for Him and the work of the Holy Spirit I can't help myself.

    • Barbara Calhoun I do it because its not about me!


    • Jessica Plumart
      Because there is nothing better than handing the family the keys to the house they've been waiting for for years. And when everyone at home asks why we go to that drug and violence filled city it's an open invitation to tell them about God's great love. And it's so much more than simply building a house, its building lasting relationships with these families, and them truly becoming your family. Each casas house is like a lighthouse displaying God's glory :)


    • Caitlin Corn The people!!! Seeing their faces we give them something they could never even dream of!!!!! And changing lives!!

    • Sherry Culp Because of the example of our Savior. Those that have gone before us and paid the price. Our rewards are in Heaven not here on earth. It is easier to give away when you understand this principle.

    • Richard Coe
      It's about love... It's about the Will of the Father... It's about His Mercy. As far as Casas por Cristo is concerned and the ministry therein, the time spent serving our Father and the families of Juarez, Anapra, etc., has been thus far the greatest blessing of my life (aside from Salvation itself). Having grown-up in El Paso and having spent a significant amount of time in Juarez as a kid during "the good ol' days", and having known so many countless people who themselves or their families have come here from Juarez, It's a little bit personal for me; though I'm an American, it's still part of my home...and I love them.



No comments:

Post a Comment