Monday, October 5, 2015

Intern Reflections

Intern Reflections
Our interns spent three months building homes, serving families, and partnering with volunteer teams to further God's kingdom in México, Guatemala, and the Dominican Republic. Check out what four of our 2015 summer interns have to say about their experiences serving with Casas por Cristo.


2015 Summer Intern in Juárez, México 
Demetria Boatwright
The internship gave me an opportunity to see how God is moving through Casas por Cristo to empower pastors as they work together to serve their communities. Working with Casas also taught me to see myself differently. Instead of seeing my weaknesses and inability, I see God's strength and power to glorify himself through those very weaknesses.

Titus Snavely
2015 Summer Intern in Juárez, México
I saw God moving through the relationships that were formed over the summer. Connecting with the other interns really helped to sharpen my relationship with Christ. Just like iron sharpens iron so man sharpens man. Becoming closer to the staff members and listening to their wisdom helped me to connect with God, as well. But the relationships that I built with the families that received the homes we constructed is where I saw God move the most! They gave so much thanks to God, and I could see how much of a blessing I had been to them through God.

Hans Tvedt
2015 Summer Intern in San Raimundo, Guatemala



The Casas internship program has probably been the most rewarding and humbling experience in my life. With all that the internship gives, it takes a lot of financial, physical, mental, and spiritual sacrifice. Through all this I saw God constantly providing. He provided us, the interns, with strength. He provided Casas with the groups and manpower for the work. He provided the groups with, "open hearts and willing spirits," as my fellow intern Savannah Silver would say. Finally, He provided the families with homes to show how much He loves and cares for all of His people. We had to fully rely on God to get us through the summer and to accomplish all that we have done. His faithfulness is everlasting!

John Ambrosich
2015 Summer Intern in Acuña, México
This summer had so many moving moments. One time in particular was when I stayed a little later on the work site to complete a few small tasks, such as installing the outside light and hooking up a double light switch. We were building a home for a single mother with three children. I invited her in to take a look at her new home in progress, and the presence of the Lord filled the room; we were both moved to tears at what God was doing. It was an amazing experience that I will never forget.


Please Pray
  • Pray for our interns as they transition back to their normal lives.
  • Pray that they would continue to follow God's leading in their lives.
  • Pray that God would continue to work in their hearts and impact others through them.
  • Pray for their futures as they are in the time of life when their decisions will have tremendous impact on the direction their paths take.

Interested in serving as an intern with Casas por Cristo next summer? Click the buttons below to learn more and apply.

800.819.8014  |  questions@casasporcristo.org   casasporcristo.org
 

No comments:

Post a Comment