Monday, August 8, 2016

Missionary Spotlight | Nick Wille | August 8, 2016

Missionary Spotlight
Nick Wille
Meet Nick Wille, missionary with Casas por Cristo. Nick came on staff in 2016 as our Acuña Field Coordinator after serving with us for two summer internships. On top of leading teams through the home building process, Nick also scouts work sites, creates maps, and maintains the Casas facilities in Acuña.
INTERVIEW WITH NICK

1. Tell a little bit about yourself and where you're from.
  • I grew up in St. Louis, Missouri, but I was born in Seoul, South Korea and was adopted when I was three years old. I love keeping up with sports (for sure the St. Louis Cardinals and Blues). I love working with my hands, and I have done a lot of woodworking in the past.
2. What made you choose to serve at Casas por Cristo?
  • I went on a Casas trip as a high school freshman and could not get the experience out of my mind. Before I started working with Casas por Cristo, I loved working with my hands and being able to create something. I also really enjoyed serving others and helping them in any way I could. My other favorite thing to do when I was back home was hang out with the high school students. They drove me crazy sometimes, but they were fired up about God and wanted to learn. Casas por Cristo combines all three of these passions, making it the perfect fit for me.
3. How have you seen God through your ministry at Casas por Cristo?
  • I've seen God in so many ways. I think the biggest thing I've seen from God is that He has given me so many opportunities to tell my story, which is actually His story. I had no control over the events of my life, and sometimes I felt like I was lost or misplaced, but God placed me exactly where he wants me to be able to do the work He has planned for me.
4. What has been your biggest challenge so far?
  • The biggest challenge for me so far has been the language barrier. Learning a new language does not come easily to me, but I have been working to improve my Spanish. I am looking forward to spending four weeks studying Spanish in Guatemala. It has also been a challenge for me to be so far away from family and friends. But I am thankful for the other Casas staff and how they have taken me into their families.
5. What are some things people should be praying for on your behalf?
  • Please pray that my faith continues to grow, that I develop more skills for working with teams, and that my Spanish becomes better. I would also ask people to pray that I would find friends and be able to build new relationships in Del Rio.



No comments:

Post a Comment