Monday, October 31, 2016

Missionary Spotlight | The Dion Family | October 31, 2016


Meet Brigham Dion, his wife Jamie, and their beautiful girls, Caris and Calla. Brig joined staff this September as our new intern and volunteer manager. He will oversee our intern program across all our locations. He will also be laying out plans for recruiting, training, and spiritually guiding our interns before, during, and after their time serving with Casas por Cristo. We are excited to have him and his family join our Casas team.
INTERVIEW WITH BRIGHAM DION

1. Tell a little bit about yourself and where you're from.
  • I grew up in a little town in Illinois called Carthage. I grew up going to church, and when I was entering into high school I gave my life to Christ. After going on a few mission trips, I decided I wanted to serve God through mission work. I attended Ozark Christian college for a couple of years, which led to an internship with Casas por Cristo in 2006. As an intern I met my wife, Jamie, and for nine years we served in youth ministry in Illinois before coming here.
2. What made you choose to serve at Casas por Cristo?
  • My first mission trip as a student was with Casas. I love seeing the tangible gift of a house being built up coupled with a very real message of God's love and grace. As an intern, I was given some of my first leadership responsibilities and opportunities. It showed me what kind of leader I could be. Now it is my honor to be in a position to help mold and shape future leaders for God's Kingdom as they come to be interns with us.

3. How have you seen God through your ministry at Casas por Cristo?

  • I have seen God at work in the lives of those who have come down to build. I've had the privilege of witnessing the change that He makes in individuals' hearts and minds as they serve and then return home as different people. They've gained a new perspective and heart for God and those He loves.
  • I've seen God at work in the staff here at Casas. They are people who have answered God's call on their lives and serve Him on a daily basis. I get to serve alongside men and women who are passionate about doing God's will and reaching out into their respective communities.  
  • I've also seen God at work in those who are receiving homes. Their faith in the midst of trials and struggles humbles me. To see God's love and faithfulness validated for them as they receive a home is beyond words.

4. What has been your biggest challenge so far?
  • The biggest challenge for me so far has been the learning curve that comes with a new ministry, new build design, learning Spanish, and moving to a new location. But with new challenges comes new opportunities to grow and for faith to be increased.

5. What are some things people should be praying for on your behalf?
  • Please pray that God would use me to influence the lives of those who come to be interns with Casas. Pray that He would provide direction and that I would hear His voice.


No comments:

Post a Comment