Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Missionary Spotlight | Jason & Janette Roth & Family

Missionary Spotlight
Jason & Janette Roth & Family
Meet Jason Roth, his beautiful wife Janette, and their twin boys Caleb and Thomas. Jason is our Finance Manager. He works diligently to ensure that CpC remains fiscally responsible. He also leads volunteer teams on home building projects in México and Guatemala.

INTERVIEW WITH JASON
1. Tell a little bit about yourself and where you're from.
  • Janette and I are both from Indiana, albeit from different towns. We first met while we were attending Ball State University, but we never started dating until we were both here on staff at Casas por Cristo. Janette was the Intern and Volunteer Manager up until we had the boys. I originally started as a Site Coordinator, but I switched positions in 2011 to fill a vacancy that we had in the Finance Department. I couldn't imagine anyone else here thriving in a position where you sit in front of a computer all day and just crunch numbers!
  • As far as interests, I enjoy following my favorite teams (Colts, Blues, Pacers, and St. Louis Cardinals). I jog solely because it's good for my health, but I enjoy shooting hoops. And I love games of any kind, especially tabletop games because you get to play those with your friends. Janette and I like to have friends over for dinner and games regularly. Lastly, I'm eagerly awaiting the boys getting a little older so I have a reason to get my Lego collection out of storage in the garage!
2. What made you choose to serve at Casas por Cristo?
 
  • I first experienced a Casas build in 2003 as part of a Spring Break trip with my campus ministry. I wound up having what I considered the best week of my life to that point! I loved many aspects of the week, but the thing that struck me most was the tangibility of it all. We can talk about loving people a lot as the Church, but here was a chance to really love by doing. When the talk is paired with action, people respond. And when the Church works together, God can accomplish amazing things through us! After three Spring Break trips, I wound up doing a couple of internships here, and by then I was hooked. I can't imagine being anywhere else now.
3. How have you seen God through your ministry at Casas por Cristo?
 
  • He's everywhere! Through hindsight, I can see how he orchestrated me getting here. Throughout the years, I've seen Him in the ways he has provided for me and now my family. I get to see His Spirit moving and working in a different culture all the time. It's one of the most valuable parts of experiencing a Casas build, in my opinion. Seeing fruits of the Spirit displayed in another language and culture is encouraging and humbling. Sometimes I will see Him in a Pastor or family member's actions. Sometimes I will see Him in the team members as they love on people. Sometimes I even get to see Him in team members' stories of how they were able to come on the trip - stories of God's provision and timing.
4. What has been your biggest challenge so far?

  • Twin babies! It will always be a unique situation with twins, but at this point, I don't imagine they are more difficult or challenging than having two kids. But when they were babies? We like to say that we just survived that first year! Here we are, first-time parents, and God decided to add a second baby to the mix. It is by far the most difficult thing I've ever had to do, and they still continue to remind me of how selfish I am!
5. What are some things people should be praying for on your behalf? 

  • Our boys are almost four now, so we are going to be making some decisions on what to do for schooling in the not-too-distant future. We would love any and all prayers for guidance and wisdom in that decision. Otherwise, everybody is currently healthy, and we don't have any complaints. I guess just pray for God's continued provision and that we would be sensitive to His leading.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment